Accounts Payable Assistant
As Accounts Payable Assistant you will be reporting into the Finance Manager, whilst supporting the Accounts Payable assistant on the stock side. Your role involves all aspects of an Accounts Payable function across three companies within the De Beers Jewellers Group. The role is mainly focused on non-stock invoices (non-PO) for Head Office and expense processing. A keen eye for detail, a drive to do your best, ability to meet deadlines and a positive attitude is a great start to being our ideal candidate.
- Process a high volume of invoices within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure invoices are appropriately authorised and approved in line with guidelines.
- Directly enter invoices with no POs into the accounting system with accurate coding.
- Build solid relationships with team members of the assigned accounts.
- Manage and clear down aged creditors.
- Assist with reports that need to be produced for month-end and other reporting.
- Process employees’ expenses ensuring that expense claims are within approved limits.
- Handle queries from suppliers and individuals from other departments within the company.
- Prepare bi-monthly payment runs, ensuring suppliers are paid on time ensuring it is reviewed timely by the Finance Manager and Head of Finance.
- Support the accounts payable assistant on the stock side with tasks as needed.
- Completing filing on time each month.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations between accounting ledger and supplier statements.
- Complete regular bank postings and perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure company procurement policies are followed.
- Responsible for the fixed asset register of each legal entity.
- Prepare evidence for annual audit and provide assistance to external auditors.
- Assist in other tasks and areas of the team’s work as the need and opportunity arises.
Working Experience & Education Requirements
- Good understanding of accounting concepts is a benefit.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Additional languages would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills written and oral.
- Conscientious, with commitment and initiative to follow through and resolve difficult issues and problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to build strong relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisation skills and able to handle multiple projects/ tasks at once.
- Computer literate with good understanding of Microsoft Excel (knowledge of VLOOKUP and Pivot tables would be a benefit).
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to work in UK.