Assistant Store Manager
The role of the Assistant Manager is to support the Store Director with the day-to-day running of the store and in leading the team to achieve sales targets whilst delivering outstanding customer service.
The successful candidate with act as an ambassador for the brand and role model for the team and possess and excellent understanding of the luxury market whilst also building and maintaining relationships with key Harrods personnel.
- Act as a role model by playing an active role selling to customers on the shop floor.
- Continuously motivate team members to meet assigned targets and KPIs.
- Develop strong relationships with VIP and high net worth clients, facilitating private viewings when appropriate.
- Work with the Store Director to establish regular action plans, implementing them to develop sales for each product category with both local and tourist clientele.
- Ensure CRM activities are maintained and well used.
- Implement in-store marketing and promotional activities.
- Support the Store Director with ensuring day to day staff management (rotas, working hours, sickness etc.) is carried out in accordance with company policies.
- Encourage, motivate and support team members to achieve sales goals, coaching as necessary to ensure excellent levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Coach team members to ensure continual development (including relevant gemological/product knowledge), providing 1:1 and group training as appropriate.
- Promote and maintain harmonious relations between team members.
- Ensure highest standards of inventory accuracy.
- Work with the Store Director to review merchandise assortment on a regular basis, planning and taking necessary steps to optimise stock level and stock mix to reflect sales, buying trends and customer demands.
- Instruct and supervise team members in the correct execution of all company operating procedures, including merchandise receipt, pricing, counts and sales.
- Foster a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere in the store to provide an excellent shopping experience.
- Ensure that team members have the proper skills to handle complex customer service issues i.e. product/diamond knowledge, dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise, repairs.
Administration, store visuals and brand representation
- Work with the Store Director to complete daily sales reports, monthly sales flash and store reports in a timely manner.
- Execute all procedures and processes as set out in the store operating manual.
- Support all security measures to ensure staff and stock integrity are maintained.
- Maintain the highest standard of housekeeping both on and off the sales floor at all times, respecting guidance provided by the Visual Merchandising team.
- Ensure presentation of products and displays always reflect the brand’s spirit of excellence.
- Use networks to maintain an awareness of competitors’ trading activities and its impact on our sales.
Working Experience & Education Requirements
- Significant retail experience with at least three years in a managerial capacity.
- Strong knowledge of the luxury retail industry (jewellery experience preferred).
- An inherent interest in, and knowledge of, the jewellery industry is essential.
- A proven record of delivering sales results.
- Degree qualified.
- GIA qualification would be an advantage.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Additional languages would be an advantage.
- Results oriented, with strong business and commercial acumen.
- Capable of analysing, organising and planning.
- A strong team motivator and developer.
- Strong selling ability with confidence in influencing.
- Presentable, creative, diplomatic and detail oriented.
- Energetic and dynamic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience of POS systems.